Doctor Tai Ping
Carpet and Rug
- Caring For a New Carpet
- For the first few weeks after fitting a wool carpet sheds fibre.
This is the sign of a good quality carpet. A quick sweep/vacuuming and
the problem is solved.
- Cleaning "TO ORDER"
- Certain areas of a carpet may be more vulnerableto attracting dirt
than others. In theis case choose between absorbent powders, spray
extraction cleaning and shampoo in a spray-can, all of which should be
used after vacuuming.
- Cigarette Burns
- A burning cigarette that falls onto a wool carpet only leaves a
small scorch mark. To remove this mark, brush or even rub it with a
- Daily Maintenance
- Wool is naturally clean and release dust easily. It is not necessary
to use a vacuum cleaner more than once or twice a week.
- Spring Cleaning
- Your carpet should only need a thorough cleaning every two or three
years, preferably done by professionals. Should you decide to do it
yourself, then follow instructions on the cleaning agent than
instructed. Avoid over-wetting the carpet.
- Moving Furniture
- The natural resilience of wool fibres makes them bounce back into
shape. To remove any indentations, spray on a little water and lift the
pile with a gfew brush strokes. After a day no trace will